Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Proposal

Today I'd like you to send me a proposal for your project. I'm hoping that this proposal will help you think through your project, and save you some frustration later on.

By the end of class, please send me an email containing the following:

Whether you are doing project 1, 2, 3, or 4. (I know, you did this yesterday, but it will only take one keystroke)

If you are doing project 1, send me the following:

a. A description of the mediums you are most interested in integrating into (or removing from) your story, and a link to a news article on that medium.
b. Ideas for a plot for your story.

If you are doing project 2, send me the following:

a. A description of the work of art you have chosen and which mediums it has been translated into.
b. A link to a review of the original work of art, and a link to a review of the other medium the work was translated into.
c. You initial thoughts on what differences your paper will be focusing on.

If you are doing project 3, send me the following:

a. A link to, or a description of, the work of art you are planning to translate into another medium.
b. The medium you are planning to translate it into.
c. Some ideas on how you plan to approach this translation.

If you are doing project 4, send me the following:

a. The things you think are important to learn in an English class.
b. Methods of teaching that have NOT helped you to learn these things.
c. Methods of teaching that HAVE helped you to learn these things.